70 240z low vin

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO and experience it's valued lowest to highest from max to lowest vin exponentially the lower you get but for over 100 its not worth trying to save if its that far gone.

On a site note I don't get the appeal. Oh boy you got number 82?!!!! and only had to pay twice as much(4x as much as a series 2)??!!! woop T doooooo

What do you gain besides besides the gimmick?

What do you gain besides besides the gimmick?

thats why I say the value is only to the enthusiast, in reality its just the same as any other series one Z.

that little fact of being one of the first off the line is more of just a cool thing to have to yourself and other enthusiasts.

its a sentimental value.

Edited by Skib

Ya I understand what you mean but when there are so many of those enthusiasts willing to pay more then the general value of that car goes up no?

I mean anything is what the buyer is willing to pay sure but under 100 vins just like 1st gens in general are flat out a higher value regardless of the buyer.

I feel I'm not getting my point across and sounding like an idiot. Idk how else to phrase it lol.

Ya I understand what you mean but when there are so many of those enthusiasts willing to pay more then the general value of that car goes up no?

I mean anything is what the buyer is willing to pay sure but under 100 vins just like 1st gens in general are flat out a higher value regardless of the buyer.

I feel I'm not getting my point across and sounding like an idiot. Idk how else to phrase it lol.

if your selling one you can get alot more for it because of the sentimental value for sure, all part of supply and demand. its not actually worth that much more flat out but people who are seeking that sub-100 number are going to pay what its worth to them, same thing with some one looking for a series one car.

See I disagree, I think the amount of people who pay more for a series one or low vin increase the value of the car flat out.

A Publicly offered series one/low vin will NEVER sell for less or the same as a high vin series 2 in the same condition. That to me means the cars value is higher.

Idk if there is a right or wrong here that's just how I see it.

I would say it makes it very easy to sell for a nice price but dosent increase it flat out because Im one of those people that woudnt pay much more for a series one, I actually specifically looked for a 73' over a series one when I got my Z.

it all boils down to what the buyer will pay for it, some might drop a pretty penny while others wouldnt pay any different.

it all boils down to what the buyer will pay for it, some might drop a pretty penny while others wouldnt pay any different.

Isn't that all things bought and sold though and what determines their value?

A car, any car, diamonds, gold, tvs etc idc what is only worth what someone or PEOPLE will pay for it. If 1 or 2 people would pay more for a series one then it would be a fluke but there is a whole following of people that regularly pay more for series one and those series ones never fall to a series 2 price sooo they are just worth more, no? Just like a 240 is worth more then a 280 of equal quality. What makes that so?

The reason really doesn't matter just that they consistently sell for a certain price and that determines their value.

You wouldn't pay more, nor would I. That doesn't matter though, there is still plenty of people that will. Until there isn't then I'd say the value is higher.

Whatever though it's not imp lol.

Edited by 72240z

You have it right. Some people just want that low vin no matter the price or cond.

And I think it makes them all worth more.

I know of someone that bought a low vin car just for the vin tags. And put them on another car. Just so he could tell people he had a low vin car.

You have it right. Some people just want that low vin no matter the price or cond.

And I think it makes them all worth more.

I know of someone that bought a low vin car just for the vin tags. And put them on another car. Just so he could tell people he had a low vin car.

Let's see now, how do you spell "F R A U D"?