Just got a new clutch kit..

Picked up a Sachs clutch kit from monument for $100.

just wondering if there are any special tips/tricks to watch for in a 5 speed 510 or if it's just same ol' song and dance.

this will be my first 510 clutch installation.

thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude u should have let us know before hand.The your just getting a stock clutch. 350KG clamping

Should have gotton a Roadster Pressure plate(650KG clampping). Now those grab hard.

Is your clutch slipping now???????????? If not dont change it and just save the clutch kit. Bleed it first then see if still slips.

yea it slips bad.

i dont know shit about transmissions.

how do i bleed it and why does the clutch only grab at the very end of the pedal?

i have a performance racing clutch in my conquest so its weird for me.

The reason i asked is one of my old 510s had a 5 speed in it when i got it and the clutch slipped i put a new one in it and it still slipped they used the wrong though out bearing carrier

sounds like im going to need some help from someone expirienced with these.

i found my old username and password. lol:lol:

try looking up bleeding a clutch on the net and see what pops up.

but what I do(2 people is better) is push the clutch in a couple times then hold it. then have soembody loosen the bleed nut on the slave cyl by the transmission. the Clutch fork arm will then move FWD to ward the engine.

tighten the blled screw then have the person pump the pedal again then hold it. and you do this a couple times,making sure you keep the resivoir full. this will take out any slack or airbubbles in the system.

I do mine bymyself by having a long plastic tube in a half filled bottle of brake fluid and I open the bleed screw with te clear hose on there and I pump till it looks like all the airbubbles are out then close the bleed screw and try it out.

a stock 510 slave will have a threaded rod that come out the slave,it goes THRU the clutch fork). If yes then you can adjust this also till there is about 1/8 to more like 1/16 of a inch play in the clutchfork arm.

If it has the 5speed slave the clutchfork arm will just have a cup where the the rod pushes on and only can be adjusted by bleeding the clutch system.

ask another nearby 510 person to help you this is a 10min job to ck this out.

Hope this helps abit

anyways list what motor you have also.

as it can make a difference. I forgot what you have but I think it was a L18.

If you have a L18 its MOSTLY like you can just use the standard 510 T/O bearing and sleeve set up. as they are all the same on a 200mm flywheel. 5 speed or stock 4 speed.

its when it comes to the Later L20s switch from cars to truck people get all excited and start swapiing things in not noticeing thengs are slily differnt.

Bleeding it, only cost new brake fluid