need a little help

marine 09

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'am rebuilding my 1975 datsun truck the first problem i have is finding a carburetor 2 barrel i have the 620 eng. i can't find a replacement and need to know if there is a substitute. finding parts seems to be getting harder. mike

Welcome! You should fill out your location when you get a sec. And we love pics around here!

Get yourself a weber 32/36 carb and you will be a happy man! Use the search function and type in Weber and you should get a ton of info!

Here is a link to one in the for sale section.You will need an adapter plate or aftermarket manifold.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=10984

Edited by fisch

Or you can get a stock 620 carburetor. They are often for sale on eBay as low as $20 "good used". Rebuilt units can be had off eBay about the same price as a Weber.

If you find a carburetor in a wrecking yard:

1. wiggle the throttle shafts. There should be zero side-side play. Pass on those that are worn

2. Check the choke diagphram (vacuum thing). Push the rod in and make sure vacuum holds.

3. Look at the screws. If they are all messed up, partly stripped from a bad screwdriver you may want to pass on that carburetor