This is how they're gonna take our cars away from us.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the issue really, he drives a replica kit car registered as a 2005. Honestly I agree with the insurance agency, how hard is it going to be if that thing is involved in an accident?

He says their reasoning was parts are getting harder to find but I call bs on that. 2005 kit car = high insurance. Even his fellow board members with true to date classic cars haven't seen the hike he is talking about.

Idk maybe I'm just missing something, if it began applying to all cars older then a certain age I would be upset. I'm not seeing that though.

Ya I mean I wasn't being sarcastic about missing things, only skimmed it. That said though it's still a kit car. If and when they begin with older cars then I'd be up and arms, even then its just one company. There are quite a few companies that have their own ass backwards rules, just like banks.

Not to mention is one of the nations worst big agencies AND mainstream. There are quite a few specialty agencies classic car owners can go to and even some big ones that are very classic car owner friendly. Progressive could give a shit how old my z is. Where are the gecko wanted to put the screws to me.

Edited by 72240z
Ya I mean I wasn't being sarcastic about missing things, only skimmed it. That said though it's still a kit car. If and when they begin with older cars then I'd be up and arms, even then its just one company. There are quite a few companies that have their own ass backwards rules, just like banks.

Not to mention is one of the nations worst big agencies AND mainstream. There are quite a few specialty agencies classic car owners can go to and even some big ones that are very classic car owner friendly. Progressive could give a shit how old my z is. Where are the gecko wanted to put the screws to me.

One other thing:There are "Kit cars" & there are "replicas".I know it sounds like semantics,but it isn't.There are companies that won't write "Kit cars".But they will write "replicas".Kirkham & Superformance are replicas.Where Factory Five & others are "kit cars"-meaning home built.

But my over all point is that this is the beginning of "it".:mad:

honestly a majority of these guys think they are hot shit for owning a replica cobra and brag and talk crap at the track and at car shows, but then get all pissed off because their times where destroyed by a cheaply built poorly set up "75 camaro" a.k.a this thingbut if you can afford a $50k REPLICA and you are bitching about $2k a year insurance then you are a fucking moron.

thats it thats all i have to say to these type of people.

honestly a majority of these guys think they are hot shit for owning a replica cobra and brag and talk crap at the track and at car shows, but then get all pissed off because their times where destroyed by a cheaply built poorly set up "75 camaro" a.k.a this thingbut if you can afford a $50k REPLICA and you are bitching about $2k a year insurance then you are a fucking moron.

thats it thats all i have to say to these type of people.

YOU completely missed the point.Now who is the moron?