Z car seat upholstery.

Guest jaimesix

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I purchased a while ago a pair of Datsun Z seats. This are 240/260Z seats, not the later ZX ones.

I think these will fit nicely in my Datsun 610. The seats need upholstery, the person that used it last upholstered them in ugly purple velour, which is already burnt and gone.

Looking for a good source for upholstery . My upholstery guy told me the easiest way to give them a stock nice look, that nice black sporty look, is by purchasing a ready upholstery seat kit. I think that comes with foam and vinyl.

Time is coming to do something about my car seats. My 610 project will be ready soon. My plan is to use the Z seats in the 610, the stock 610 seats ( one needs upholstery ) in the 710,a perfect fit because both cars share the same stock seats, and the low back non Datsun stock seats in the 710 will go to my jeep.

Any leads on this upholstery for the Z seats will be appreciated. This are the black Z seats, I believe this are the 240/260 Z.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Thanks.

Those prices are way higher than I was looking for. I am looking for the vinyl stock looking ones.

I appreciate.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

For what its worth if you take the broken up ones you have off, cut the hems and lay them out. You can just buy your material of choice, over lay the originals as templates, cut and sew em up. It really not hard I have done it and helped others do it on other makes.

I would never in a million years pay what they ask for those. DRASTICALLY over priced, no justification at all. Same as the carpet kits, who cant cut and trim their own carpet? People always say they don't know how or are worried about messing up. Honestly, a Person could fuck up trying 20 times and not come close tot he price they are asking.

Edited by 72240z
For what its worth if you take the broken up ones you have off, cut the hems and lay them out. You can just buy your material of choice, over lay the originals as templates, cut and sew em up. It really not hard I have done it and helped others do it on other makes.

thats what i did when making chairs, we just had cardboard templates to cut the fabric with and just sew it up.

Guest jaimesix

That sounds reasonable, and that was my plan too. The upholstery guy ( he is good, he has all sorts of classic and exotic cars at his place on PCH ) gave me the idea of trying to get the already made seat kits.

The thing is that these seats have been re upholstered long time ago, probably in the 70s with some pimp stuff, purple velour that is awful , and beyond use, all rotten down.

I think I will keep them in storage untill I can get decent covers from a junk yard Z to use as templates, meanwhile I will re/upholster the stock 610 seats, which are not bad. I will re/upholster them with extra side material to turn them into more grabbing and sporty seats.

Thanks.

Jaime.______________________________________________________