Weird junk yard finds?

There was a DeLorean at the local LKQ a few weeks back. It wasnt wrecked or anything. I was going to buy the grille from it for a decoration, but the little fuck at the counter said they wanted $300 for it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P1030194.jpg

This 1976 B210 has been at the same yard for almost 5 months. The only things missing are the alternator (I took this Rebuilt Nissan part):D, the coil...yeah, I took that too....and the driver side pop out window. Clean interior, a little rust, 89k original miles. I guess it could be in "Sightings" or JY report...but its just so wierd that its still there...almost complete!

Chryslerfin.jpg

A couple of years ago I went to a JY in Northern Colorado and found about a dozen Mopars all lined up against the fence. They were all 1957-1965. Most were New Yorkers...4 had Hemi's...all were absolutely complete. The owner met me there 20 minutes later and were reached a gentleman's agreement on 4 of the cars...for the price of 1000 bucks a piece!!!:eek:

The Duchebag old man called later on that night to tell me that a Chrysler dealer in Denver had come up right after me and bought all of them. :blink:

I was raised to believe that a mans handshake meant something...everything.

The above picture is of one of the ones I almost owned and in the back you can see the rook of the Limo with a Hemi...I almost owned too.

Anyway...I'm going to be over it soon...I can just feel it..:rolleyes:

I guess the really weird thing would have been to find an honest guy at the Junk Yard.:lol:

Every time I see the pictures and think about it..

:mad::(:confused::eek::blink::mellow::mad:

Then I go to another JY and find some other cool something or other...

Mid-60's Sunbeam Alpine...Pretty solid car minus motor/trans,

Alpine3.jpg

Late 60's Sunbeam Alpine GT (RARE!!!):eek: Fretty freegin Fugly but still...100 percent there...all of it!

Alpine4.jpg

Theres always more crap to step in.:blink:

Late 60's Sunbeam Alpine GT (RARE!!!):eek: Fretty freegin Fugly but still...100 percent there...all of it!

Alpine4.jpg

Theres always more crap to step in.:blink:

Where in hell are you finding these... I remember reading something on Allpar about the Alpine GTs, apparently there was more than coincidence they looked similar to these...

member_64Bara.jpg

Later

KFD

WHAAAAAT!?

That is freakin' awesome! What really shocked me was that the fiberglass rear window plug wasn't taken out of it. Those are hard to find. Do you remember if the car had the luggage rack on the trunk?

*What's really funny is that I remember seeing that R/T SE you pictured above at the Mopar Nats a few years back. I remember that yellow stripe any day!!!

KFD