S12 200sx

Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 200SX turbo he is parting out and I was wondering what all parts I could grab off of this to work on my 68 4 door. So far all I have taken are the wheels. I was hoping the front struts would work and maybe the rear brakes/suspension.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5 speed will work with a bellhousing swap.

Get the front struts, they'll be a decent vented brake upgrade, you may be required to cut the spring holder off your old struts and weld it onto the S12 ones.

Also needs a small spacer ring at the bottom of the strut as the diameter is slightly wider than a stock 510 strut.

Get the diff, cv's and rear brakes, rear hubs and adapters as well, can all be used with some mods in a 510.

Probably not worth trying to move the whole rear cradle across as the design isn't to dissimiliar to a 510 anyway.

Centre console might be useful along with the floor handbrake.

find out whats wrong with the engine, if it can be rebuilt its a great score. ca18det's are just awesome.

yes they are! too bad it's a CA18ET. it's a bit $h!t on account of it's design. i used to play with S-12's and the E's were problematic at best. claims of bigger turbo power were myths, and turbocharging the CA20E and claims of 200whp on 9lbs. of boost were absolute hogwash. get what you can from the husk and forget about the CA series. i'm still trying to forget all the nightmares i and friends had. Now, BONVO's right, the car itself is great! in a staid styling, jordache jeans, timewarpy, retro, sorta S-13ish nose-heavy and sluggish steering way. good drift or auto-x car, doesn't need much to handle or slide. Buut again, the venerable FJ20 was the only plant of worth in them and they never got out of OZ or JAPAN. shame really. i loved mine.

cheers