5 Lug conversion?

Hyphy

So the s13 rear subframe im planning on using is currently 4 lug. Shitty options and even more unlikely case of swapping 4 lug to the front make the 5 more entising. Easy enough to do, the 5 lug conversion for the rear is basically in the bag.

Now for the front. Ive got 720 LCA's and hub/spindle/rotor setups already in prep for a balljoint front suspension and QA1 coilovers or bags (maybe). So the debocle is lug matching. Is there anyway to use a different rotor witha 5x4.5 lug pattern with the 720 spindle? d21 maybe?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D21 is still 6 lug, But i would look into the possibility of maybe the 5 lug s-12 cars or the 5 lug 300zx cars. I would be looking at the wheel bearings and rotor diameter, and offsets that might fit directly onto the 720 spindle. Nissan made lots of things interchange, just maybe the bearings from truck to car would swap?

you can do a ton of the testing online. You can research the bearings, see if they're the same...if not, search the bearing manufacture sites for the specs on each one and find out how they're different. You can also go to the Upullit yards and do the mock ups in the yard without having to pay for anything.

so your putting a s13 subbie/rearend in a 620?? where the hell are the pictures, and how to? I dont care about bolt pattern, definately sounds interesting :)

so from what i gathered, gonna do a independent rear suspension in the rear via a s13 sub frame/rear end. He wants the front to be 5 lug as well....

The toyota hub seems like it will fit, but it does not.

Email this guy:

laynrockers@gmail.com

He can correctly machine your 720 spindle to accept the toyota hub. He is the best that there is when it comes to it, and had been doing it for years. He also may be able to redrill the 620 hub to the correct bolt pattern also.

just for clarification, Im puttin the s13 subframe in a 521 that will also be gettin a vg30et and 5 speed. A z32 n/a LSD will likely be mated to the subframe aswell. Gettin the axle shafts to match and shortened is another task that will havew to be conquered to get this to work.

Yes, taking the s14 hardware will make the rear a 5 lug. But finding s14 parts at the PnP is impossible. The only one that was there was already stripped to the unibody. I found a site or 2 that have replacement bearing/hub assemblies that bolt right on and all id have to do is source a s14 rotor set. Which should be simple given the large aftermarket for those cars. getting lug matching would be best for wheels for obvious reasons.

Any additional info you may have on the spindle matchining would be appreciated.

Keeping a 6lug pattern would be ideal given that i already have escalades. But its not a requirement. if the cost and support diffences lead me to buying new rims, so be it.

All the info that I have on the spindles is to mail them to John (the guy that I gave you the email too) to have them done correctly. You might want to try to email him. Sorry that I assumed that it was a 620, but he might be able to redrill the hubs of the 521 also, but I imagine that you are wanting disc. I assume that the sub frame that you are going after is to have an IRS? You may wany to look at the IRS in the late 80's supras, my buddy has one in his 'yota and it is nice.

22200891902PM79261.jpg

The front spindles that I intend to use are off an 85 720, not the 521's. No biggie.

I opted for the nissan to keep it in the nissan family. And its got good aftermarket support and is a complete bolt up assembly...minus the obvious fab I have to do to size it correctly and prep the frame.