My 280 project

521Lvr

well I thought I would post some pics of 1 of my projects for the last 2 years.

Got the car from a Rasta dude. met me in Indy. my 8 year old son and I drove it home about 350 miles.

car was turd brown and totally stock. every mod, all body and paint,I have done myself.

Runs on MSII . getting ready to put the turbo back on. see what it does now.

I let a guy talk me outa my wheels. give me some input of what you think would look good. I am thinking sportmax 962? 18x9.5 & 8.5.. or maybe 17's ?

still got alot of plans in store. and lots of pics of the process.

peace. tc

Picture463.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i am super late on this... but i apparently missed it before... very nice, i'm not normally a fan of the 280, but your's is very nice. i like it alot. any underhood pics?

i keep an extra starter in the pass. floorboard too :)

yeah the starter and HKS flywheel are giving me trouble right now.

probably gonna have a stocker whittled dorn and replace the HKS.

I am on hybridz too but I mostly just read there.

I am thinking about Diamond Racing Wheels. 16x8 and 16x10 -- offset and stagger. thinking about chrome rim with paintable centers? what do you guys think?

I plan on going coilover at the same time.

let me see if I can find some under hood pics...

• 2 weeks later...

hey racerdad. nice car.

funny you say that about diamonds.I was looking at them for a while.. instead I just got a set of Aero 15x10 in chrome. $50 each. couldn't pass them up. thay look sooo bad ass. gotta change to 5x4.5 bolt pattern so I am going to drill out the rears and get z31 front hubs. picked up a set of 45 degree lug nuts too. I am going to run 225-50's on the front and migtht try to cram 295-50 in the rear.

definately gonna have to cut the fenders though, but hey that's what the flares are for. I'll post pics after

can't wait

Those are the old Diamond wheels. They are 16x10. I am ordering another set of new ones for slicks. I am also going to order another set for another car when it is done. They will make them any size/offset you want.

Is the silver car yours? I need to know where to get a "whale tail". After I finish the current project car, I am going to build a v8 z-car.:D

Darrel