engine swap...Need HELP!

wheeler

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused:I have a 1980 720 datsun king cab with a siezed L20b. Can i replace it with a 1975 L20b with no conversions/mods?

not a 720 expert but its the same motor so itl mount up. whats the intake on both of them, FI or carbs?

someone that knows strait yes or no will prob come along soon enough tho lol :lol:

This '75 L20B from a 620??? Both are standards?

You can slip the whole '75 motor in but you'll have to connect the '75 exhaust manifold to the '80 exhaust down pipe. It might match or perhaps a '75 down pipe could be used. Other than that pretty straight forward.

I was going to say swap the heads to get proper down pipe fitment but looking at the manifolds I can see that they are single pipes and not the double ones... so the '75 might fit the '80.

I stripped an '80 once and it hat a '75-'77 L20B with the stove pipe exhaust manifold.

thanks guys. its gunna suck because the truck has a 3 in body lift.... any suggestions to make it go smooth? oh, its carbed. i tried to swap 2 390s in my old trucks. i tried to put an older (1969) 390 into a 1972 body with a siezed 390 but the engine mounts and tranny didnt line up. i really dont wanna go through the same ordeal again. is there any variation in the 75 and the 80 l2ob or are the exact same?

Edited by wheeler
not enough enfo
thanks guys. its gunna suck because the truck has a 3 in body lift.... any suggestions to make it go smooth?

I think its much easier working on a lifted truck. My d21 sits on 32's and I did a swap. Just keep it up to get under it with ease and flatten the tires a little to get the motor and tranny out. It's like a built in lift lol.

lol iv got a slammed Z so getting under it is my problem :lol:

Ya that's what I'm saying lol, dropped is the real problem. Low profile jacks and the like, pshhhhh. :lol: