Bad ebay deal

March 2 i won a 32/36 webber carb with a non smog manifold and carter fuel pump for 128 out the door with shipping.

this was the carb

carb.jpg

User name on ebay phatedave53....... the original parcel which contained the items i won on ebay was never recieved. And gave me a story about him having a stroke and to give him some time to locate the parcel. few days later he said he suspected his son sold the parts and pocketed the cash. He later sent another carb which was another webber but this carb has silcone all over it and due for a rebuild the adapter was not included. I emailed him concerning some sort of a partial refund because there was no adapter, manifold and fuel pump like advertised on the bid. He said he would get a adpater from a friend and ship out and send back 25 dollars throuh paypal. Almost 3 weeks now and I havent recieved the adapter or the 25 dollars.

here are some conversations through ebay messaging

Dear bigjerry916916,

It will fit..it is COMPLETE! Manifold, carb...on the adapter bolted on the manifold, aircleaner, and a spendy Carter fuel pump. You can use the pump or just stay with your mechanical pump.The manifold is one of the GOOD old nonsmog ones.

Dear phatdave53,

why are you selling it ? is there any signs of a needed rebuilt.

im really interested but i just got scrwed on a carb so i just

want to be safe.

days later

Dear phatdave53,

Ill let you know when or if I receive it. Have you called ups with

the tracking number to locate where its currently at.

Dear bigjerry916916,

I had my son do it for me??? a couple few days ago. I had a stroke 2 months ago and sometimes delegate some authority around here...haha!

We'll give it a day or two before we panic,okay?

Dear bigjerry916916,

Jerry, Sorry for the wait. Ive had items take a month on Ebay.

I have a second carb and adapter here thats a good one. I can send it without a manifold and pump and wait to see what happens to the other. If you want me to do that I will mail it tomorrow.

If we do that and when the other shows up I will send the other parts. Let me know if that works. If so It will go out usps tomorrow.

Dear phatdave53,

thats ok i just want the webber carb that i won. And if its not

here by friday i just want a refund and ill buy it new at my

local performance store. I dont buy often off ebay and

reason why i decided to buy because you have good reviews

concerning your shipping

Dear bigjerry916916,

I will get the extra and all the parts i can find and ship them. I know I do have an adapter to mount it and an extra air cleaner. I wuill send them off to you . Sorry.

Like I said I had a stroke and had my son ship for me. He could very well have fucked it up.

Dear bigjerry916916,

I sent the carb off yesterday priority mail. It will be there today or tomorrow. Sorry for the mess up. I still can't find the original parcel. dave

Dear bigjerry916916,

Hi, Hey I flong you 25 back.No matter what. I can come up with an adapter from a friend. I will get it from him and mail it to you.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you bought the carb forma fellow ratsun member he did have a stroke the same day of my car accedent as a matter of fact from what i can tell hes a man of his word and somthing probibly came up

retracting my post

but i had 2 bad experiences trying to buy that setup from him.

I wont ever do any business with him, i do understand he has to provide for his family, and i do know he did have a stroke so getting around might not be the easiest.

Edited by h2theizzo
i made a deal with phatdave on this same exact setup, for 85 dollars if i remember right or somewhere close to that. He put it back up for sale the day before i was supposed to go get it. I checked the posting dates and times to confirm this.

the price went up to 110 dollars, 110 dollars for intake/carb and fuel pump is still a good deal so i sent him the money paypal. He came back later and refunded the money saying it sold on ebay.

damn i guess dave has gone to the dark side....did he refund everything? and pay for pp fees? or did you lose out?

Okay, so he had a stroke on 1/15 according to a previous post. An auction ending March 2nd was obviously listed after 1/15. Yes, people have bad situations, but if you can't follow through with a deal then don't start/commit to one in the first place. If someone has a catastrophy half way through the deal that's one thing, and the other party should try to be understanding, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I would say a full refund should be in order because you didn't get what you paid for.

Ya I'm just frustrated I hate to put people on blast like this ......... I'm going to wait another week to see if this adapter comes through and take my losses on the other parts that were suppose to be included o ya and my refund.