• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek::lol::lol::lol:

lol

i dont care, if you wanna spill the beans go ahead

i havent sent it yet, i didnt make it to the bank dood. was gone all day thursday/fri and bank is closed today :(

gf wasn to happy, cuz i cant afford it but i got some stuff for sale to make up the cost

you going to bag your truck

well see how this rolls out, price is ok. needs a bit work to be a daily driver tho

im not pulling a dwnshitter and bagging it. i know i would never get it done and it would be a waste...

DSCN1528.jpg

Edited by h2theizzo

if he wants to tell how much i dont care lol.

didnt buy it from bagged really, his buddy has the title..

the body is already dropped on it, fenders are cut. bed isnt dropped yet so the cab is sitting on spacers. cab is good shape, no rust really. have engine for it, just need a trans + driveline. needs buncha little things like interior pieces etc

no plans yet, still gonna think that one over

Edited by h2theizzo

yeah just talked to him about this on thursday, learned about the pickup being for sale.

wasnt going to say anything until it was actually paid for, since the last 2 rigs i was trying to get fell thru. looked like a poser : hahah...

i have a spot to store it for some time so theres no hurry getting it done. more money thing right now.

yeah just talked to him about this on thursday, learned about the pickup being for sale.

wasnt going to say anything until it was actually paid for, since the last 2 rigs i was trying to get fell thru. looked like a poser : hahah...

i have a spot to store it for some time so theres no hurry getting it done. more money thing right now.

he got it for .....a.....whole.....150 lol, worth more for parting it out but meh hope it gets done from one of the owners lol, been through 4ppl now izzo will be the 5th and no workie yet haha

• 3 weeks later...

plans changed

after thinking about it for a while, i can barely get to the project i have with so many things going on right now, even while not working!

So i can't take on another project vehicle i would have to put a ton of work into.

Ended up picking this up instead, 1985 720 4x4 ext cab, 5 speed with auto locking hubs (yuck). Divorced transfer case

Has a 3" body lift on it, they didn't do it right on the bed, so the bed is at an angle. They also didn't make some adapters for the brake lines where it attaches to the frame for support.

Might take the body lift off and just lift it another way. The camber is off even tho there are spacers. Tires are warn on the insides.

Runs, drives fine. Motor needs a rebuild or at least a head gasket before too long. Not going to insure or tab this, its going to be a wheelin rig. Only thing i can see it needing now is at least a head gasket, and a U join on the intermediate drive shaft that goes into the transfer case. its a bit fucked

has a newer flow master exhaust on it, sounds good. Weber 32/36 or so he said. It was running like shit at an idle so i just adjusted it a little and it cleared up. Still diesels a tiny bit but not as bad.

thinking about putting in a l20. probably be under powered but o well

here are some pics

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Edited by h2theizzo
Nice rig Tim! Now lets go wheeling!

hey man lol

im waiting for you to get back, i have a good spot to go wheeling. not much mud righ now cuz of the heat but still good bumps/hills to dink around in. get back at me when you get home!

Corey... Sorry man, low riders are great but i wanna play in the mud :D

• 2 weeks later...

well i got tired of having this setup going

I had a stereo mounting thing flopped between the two sides of the center console bracket holding my stereo. Pretty ugly.

IMG_0418.jpg

I had a 4x4 center console laying around in good enough shape. So i took the gauges out and hit it with a dremel. Took a little finesse here and there but got it finally. I need to make a small bracket for the back of the stereo to hold it up and level across the front but that can come another time.

I think it looks a lot better. I noticed tho when i put the center console in my truck the shifter its the back of the center console. Not sure why, center console for 4x4 must be different then the 2wd version.

Had to take out my Z car shifter and put in a stock one so it would shift on the bottom side gears

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

That looks a lot better than what it was.

Start driving now, you will be at Blue Lake before you know it.

thanks man.

once i have carpet in there the wiring will be hidden. i got rid of the toggle switch in the picture just now. Once i get the wiring figured out for the stock oil pressure gauge i will remove the autometer voltmeter since i have a stock 720 to hookup.

Not bringing all four of my sons with me to blue lake, that would be hell :lol:

list of things to do to finish

Finish welding the floor pans.

put bedliner on the floor

Carpet

New seals for the doors.

Reset door hinges

New exhaust

Weld up the headboard in the bed

welding the seams on the bed

bodywork

find a nicer grille, one i have is ok but the paint chipped off and it looks like :poop:

• 2 weeks later...

not much

adjusted the torsion bar one or two splines, not sure... but got the drives side to go down more and now its level

ill get some more shots later. I need to get some drop spindles but they are to spendy right now...

torsionadjustedhdr2.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg