Alternator replacement

Hi everyone, Ive been having some problems with my alternator. Some people here told me that the alternator from a nissan B11 will fit on the motor mount. Do you have any clue if this is for real? If it is, how is the wiring procedure to amke it work? Or what other alternator will work for me. Thx in advance!

Edited by paradoxx
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used an alternator meant for a 1981 510. They are a 60 amp output. A bit of an upgrade from the stock 35 amps. It bolted right to the stock mount. & the new 60 amp unit is internally regulated which means you can remove the voltage regulator. There are 2 wires you cut off the plug that goes to the VR & they get spliced into the "T" plug on the back of the new alternator. I know Hainz & Datzenmike have that diagram showing which 2 wires to cut/splice.

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=124&size=big&papass=&sort=1

no need to cut wires.This is a datsun 620 version,On left as it uses a Round connector for the Volt reg

just make jumpers at the voltreg connector

the one to the right should be a 510 type connetor and needs 2 jumpers. Use the color code TO Engine as I have seen some aftermarket Volt Reg colors to be INCORRECT!.

I heard KA motors use a V belt pulley. I dont know About if they still use a T connector or not

PS Not my photos

1974DatsunTruckVoltageRegConnectorBlock_thumb.jpg

510ICjumper_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)