ka24e timing... i want to die

NorCalDime

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess i will try and figure out were i put my multimeter and start checking stuff. I thought ka's were high impedance as far as the injectors, as in not needing a resistor.

I have a pretty solid ground right now, but i will try and locate it to a different spot, and check the wires, cap, rotor, and the like tomorrow morning. i will update at about 10am lol

By using the ohm meter, sheck the 2 leads of your injector number 2 if you have any reading or continuity.If you don't have then you have a bad injector. Pulling out the whole rail and crank will not really tell if which one is bad.We don't know maybe number 2 injector is just leaking by. I'm just focusing on number 2 because you mentioned that when you pulled out the connector of the injector the idle did not changed and you know you have spark on all cylinders.

datzenmike Yeah, CAS is not EI dizzy, which again is not points. I should stay out of this.

Has the ECU fault codes been down loaded?

I agree with datzenmike.

As you mentioned, you have power on all injectors, spark on all cylinders but you did not check yet the resistance(continuity) of your injectors. just try it

then if everything is good. We'll think again.....let us know.

By using the ohm meter, sheck the 2 leads of your injector number 2 if you have any reading or continuity.If you don't have then you have a bad injector. Pulling out the whole rail and crank will not really tell if which one is bad.We don't know maybe number 2 injector is just leaking by. I'm just focusing on number 2 because you mentioned that when you pulled out the connector of the injector the idle did not changed and you know you have spark on all cylinders.

datzenmike Yeah, CAS is not EI dizzy, which again is not points. I should stay out of this.

Has the ECU fault codes been down loaded?

I agree with datzenmike.

As you mentioned, you have power on all injectors, spark on all cylinders but you did not check yet the resistance(continuity) of your injectors. just try it

then if everything is good. We'll think again.....let us know.

Ok i will have at the ohm meter. I did swap injectors around without results, but maybe it is something else.

I did run the codes and it only showed one, i dont know if you have to do something to make it show the next one, but it kept showing the same over and over. It was 41, wich is the air temp sensor. that little thing that goes in the airbox before the maf. so for yuks i attached the stock airbox with that hooked up but no fix :(