clutch no dis engage?

Ricky116

Hoping to get some feedback. I have a 77kingcab 4speed that I purchased recently. Its sat for about 6 years I dont know any history but the prob. is this. I cant get the cluch to disengage.I trailered it home and got it running today: I started it in gear and drove it down the rode with the pedal depressed and trompped on the gas to try to get it to free up but nothing. so with the pedal all the way in it acts as it is out. What ya think?:)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First see if the fork is moving at the slave clyinder, if it is and the pedal feels normal then try just what you did again and get agressive with it on and off the gas. I have had old MGs stick realy bad after not being run for years. Had to do this shake thing for a mile or so to get them to come out of it.

Good luck

Check the slave cylinder/clutch fork is moving. Look below passenger's feet on side of tranny. If not check the master cylinder, just left of brake booster, for fluid. If dry fill and loosen bleeder on slave and have someone push down and hold clutch, allow air and dirty fluid out then close bleeder and release clutch... repeat until all air is pumped out and clear fluid comes out.