Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesusno2

I got my fuel pump back from summit racing hooked it up tied up some loose ends on my Ka swap in my Goon.

hit the key! Hey fuel pump works!! Cycle the key a few times to be sure. Still working.... YEA!!! Try to start crank, crank, crank, crank, nothing. Hop out, and look at my clear filter before my pump. No fuel, cycle the key some more nothing!!! Damn it. Blow air through the line before and after pump to check for blockage, clean as a whistle. So what I'm thinking in my thrashing the tank around cleaning the insides, I broke the internal line that goes to the bottom of the tank not completley in half, but partally cause when I blow back in it, I can still hear a little bubbling action, even when I put my mouth to it I get the same thing. I can't even siphon outta it even after dumping 3 gallons in. So I'm either gonna build a new tank or try to find another I found a small pin hole in mine anyways. This sucks! glad its now and not somewhere on the side of the highway though!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I threw away a fuel tank when I moved in Dec/Jan:(

I say fix it!!! It should easy. If you have a pin hole someone use some fuel tank repair it will work perfect I guarantee it.

for the tube... that's easy. You have a lot of options. Actually I'm glad this happened because now you can put a baffle in. you NEED this. I had mine hooked up like yours and if the tank was less than half full you can't take a turn without starving the pump.

Cut up your tank and weld in a baffle and a new supply and return nipple (or have an oil filter company silver solder in some an fittings and run some 300psi pushlock hoses.