ka24de no spark.

samsung

this is my second ka/510 swap but i cannot get this one to spark.

i have it wired as the diagrams on this site says. but my starter is hard wired to push button. all the relays are working and im getting power sent out to all wires needed. (black/white,blk/red,black/yellow, brown,red,) correct? still no spark. ive also hooked up the green/orange to power transneutral and still nothing. my harness is getting power at the plugs. i have a good grounds from head to chassis and from block to chassis. i have swapped out coils. made sure coils grounded. ive only not checked codes yet. any thoughts of why im not getting spark. anything i have missed? thank you

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not power, the ECU pulses a ground signal to the injectors, if there isn't a timing pulse coming from the dizzy the injectors won't fire. The injectors always have power even with the key off. Sounds like a bad dizzy to me. I've been wrong before though :D

Remember the dual cam has teeth unlike the L series so it needs to be timed, You don't have any buddies that have one? It would be nice to just plug it in and spin it with your fingers. With the coil unplugged from the cap checking for spark, why mess up the timing if you don't have to :D Report back what you find out. I know a guy having a similar problem that I need to go fix. If you give me the insight I may be one step ahead :D

ok i cleared codes. then pluged the new dizzy in and spun it and the injectors are pulsing. but still no spark from coil. even switched coils out again to be sure.

Did you check injector pulse before you put the new dizzy in? HHHMM I gotta think about this for a bit... Did the new Dizzy pop the same code?

its not base timing cuz the motor came directly out of a running 240. and the distributor has not been moved. when i plugged the other dizzy in and spun it by hand. the injectors fired but the coil did not spark. im going to check continuity between my plugs and ecu to see if there is a short. ill update later on today

• 2 years later...