Ground Control coil overs

HRH

So I'm still in the process of getting everything ready to change out all the suspension on the 510, and I bought the Ground Control coil over kit.

I was originally planning on using the 510 stock strut cartridge, and ordered the Ground Control kit for that, with the drop down of stock housing, not 280zx with spring perch still attached.

Near as I can tell, it shouldn't matter, but can any of you guys tell me if the 280zx strut cartridge will work the same with the GC kit, even though I specified 510 housing when ordering? Figured it might be a different bag of hardware, and realized afterwards I want the bigger 280 housing and brakes plus I can rebuild those off the car for minimal downtime when sticking the new parts on.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they will work, although you will have to cut off the perch and weld on a "ring" for them to set on. My stock struts have 280zx inserts inside and I am currently swapping for as struts and my coilovers fit both struts. The sleeves have an inside diameter of 2" and the struts housing has a outside diameter of 2"... So a quick pass of the grinder is required but a nice tight fit is all the better. (I am not using ground control but they will work the same or better)