Central Cal Meet

Z_Rac3r

So I know there aren't very many of you close to Santa Barbara, but it really would be a fun place to do a cruise/meet. Something like Pismo Beach or Ventura harbor, Nojoqui Falls would be great. How many people would consider going? I would work out all the details and BBQ would be provided. Thanks~:blush:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay very cool, well There are a few places around here that I have set up successful car meets at, just depends what you guys like... do you guys want the beach? or more of a woodsy area?

Najoqui Falls is out by Solvang, very awesome place for a BBQ, bring the family, friends, dogs. A lot of room for parking and great place for pics.

But who can say no to a BBQ on the beach? I'd have to look into some more beaches though, the ones I always go too aren't that great if you are driving all the way up here for it lol.

Or there is a place called Cold Springs Tavern out here that I could look into holding an event there. http://www.coldspringtavern.com/ I cruise up there when I just need to drive, Love that place.

Date wise, I'm thinking March 14, so we have time to plan everything and so it doesn't conflict with the Nissan meet in Oxnard (on Feb 28) and I've got plans for the first weekend in March already. Also... there is a local car group that does a meet and cruise every second Saturday of the month here. A lot of really neat projects, hot rods and classics, we could always cruise over there and check it out :) show off all the sexy Datsun's :P

Input please! :D

Cold Springs Tavern is a beautiful location and drive- the San Marcos Pass is a fun drive! It's a little tight for parking though- mostly dirt turnout-style.

It would also be cool to connect up with another car meet for some show-and-tell...

either way- sounds fun!

Date wise, I'm thinking March 14, so we have time to plan everything and so it doesn't conflict with the Nissan meet in Oxnard (on Feb 28)

Input please! :D

Whats this about Oxnard Nissan meet? Tell me more.

Whats this about Oxnard Nissan meet? Tell me more.

you know, I've searched and searched online via google and this same guy posted on literally every nissan forum around mid January saying save the day of Feb 28 for this 6th Annual Bash and give him 2-3 days for all the info.

Well on every forum he has yet to respond to any of them with the info.

And many forums have even setup caravans to go now to based off nothing to go on really.

Based on the caravan info, supposedly it's:

February, 28th, 2009

1601 S. Harbor Blvd (same as last year)

Oxnard, CA 93033 (beach/park)

Last year it started at 12pm, so for now can assume same time? Who Knows. Cuz even the caravan guys are guessing.

Edited by 280zForce
sorry can not make it on March 14,Forbidden Fantasy is on that day.......:D

Yea and that's right in your back yard Chris.

I might have to drive for a half hour to get there. :lol:

The nissan meet, yeah just as Justin said, is kind of vague as far this years meet goes, but last year it was a great turnout, most of the cars end up being newer nissans, and maybe like 15 datsuns. I had a blast.

Also... there is a local car group that does a meet and cruise every second Saturday of the month here. A lot of really neat projects, hot rods and classics, we could always cruise over there and check it out :) show off all the sexy Datsun's :P

:love: so valentines day is happenin this month? any details? ill go

i have not heard anything more about the 'nard meet either.

guess if we all show up, it wont really matter :lol:

my friends band(back pocket) plays cold springs tavern frequently.

yeah its crazy, the group that meets on the second saturday have been doing it for years and years, but nobody I know that even lives right next to where they meet knew about it. I heard about it from a guy that comes to the dog park I bring my puppy all the time and the got talking about my Z cause I rolled up and its all stripped lol he though I had a v8 in it because of how it sounds.

This valentines day will be the first time to go to that meet. So excited all ready.

They meet at Woodys BBQ in the Magnolia shopping center of Hollister.

Every second saturday of the month. Pretty much if you are coming from 101N, get off at Turnpike, turn left towards the beach, youll go over the freeway, and past the highschool, take a right on Hollister, then go about a mile and on your right will be a shopping center with a Ralphs and stuff in it. Take your immediate right, and Woodys is in the corner of the parking lot. Tons of parking.

They start meeting around 4ish, if you want to get good parking (ive heard it gets pretty full). A lot of people wait until 6 to show up and eat. Then once everyone is done eating and BSing, they do a little cruise, probably just down state st or old town.

hang510 I still have to meet you and since you hang out at C&S sometimes, I'm really surprised I haven't. What do you daily drive? Or are you just there on weekends to use the shop?

About the Central Cal meet, lol since the fantasy thing is on the 14th, how does March 21st sound?

you know, I've searched and searched online via google and this same guy posted on literally every nissan forum around mid January saying save the day of Feb 28 for this 6th Annual Bash and give him 2-3 days for all the info.

Well on every forum he has yet to respond to any of them with the info.

And many forums have even setup caravans to go now to based off nothing to go on really.

Based on the caravan info, supposedly it's:

February, 28th, 2009

1601 S. Harbor Blvd (same as last year)

Oxnard, CA 93033 (beach/park)

Last year it started at 12pm, so for now can assume same time? Who Knows. Cuz even the caravan guys are guessing.

Just remembered I had some pics from last years meet. My car is the crappy looking little blue and silver sanded Z... :lol:

I only have pics of the Z's that were parked together, no offense but I didnt have much interest on the newer nissans, and I came for the Z's. There were maybe like 10 other S30's, but they were all scattered around.

Frontlineup.jpg

Frontlineup2.jpg

backlineup.jpg

Sorry for crappy pics.

• 4 weeks later...