My newest project 1981 dodge challenger.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was having some fun with friends the other day and did a 1 2 3 gear burnout and the car started idling rough and blowing some smoke out the valve cover vent, no exhaust smoke though. We pulled the hea off later that night and didnt see anything wrong. Tossed it back on so I could get home. I pulled the engine out last night as quite a few people convinced it was rings even though I had a gut feeling it was. Fresh engine with 1200 or so miles and only 12lbs of boost isnt enough to shaffter a ring or ringland.

Anyways, got the engine out and pulled it apart. pulled the pistons out, everything was f;n cherry. I was happy I was right, but it looks like I need to find a new head. The crack in it may have went all the way through or a valve seal blew out and I may have floated a valve.

Since I had the engine out I cut off a flywheel bolt that had been rounded off, and will buy a 11lbs fidanza flywheel and 6 puck clutch as my old clutch was slipping pretty good. The difference from the stock 35lbs flywheel and a fidanza is huge.

I might see about importing a magna head from australia. They flow more than a heavily ported head that we got here and dont have the shit aluminum casting.

Here are a few pics. Glad to see the inner engine paint job is holding up nicely. I need to clean her up though.

sapporo-95.jpg

sapporo-96.jpg

sapporo-98.jpg