Weber questions

maximo

I have a 1974 620. I took an L18 out of it and put an L20 in it from a 1977 620pickup. I few days ago I bought a weber carb 32/36 and when I tried to take the intake manifold apart, I've notice that it was bolted to the exhaust manifold as well and the only thing that separates them is a metal plate, I'm not sure about this but I think is call a Stove system, now what's the benefit of that??? The hardware for the throttle cable that came with the weber, I cant make any sense of it, I tried to bolt the bracket for the throttle cable to the intake manifold and it doesnt fit any of the bolts patterns. Now looking at pictures of the L18 that I had, It seems to me that the intake manifold from the L18 is what I need. Anyways I want to replace the intake and exhaust manifold cause I dont like the way this two are hook together, so can you guys tell me what are the choices that I have.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try taking your bracket and setting it on the carb base bolts. There are a couple of different types of brackets so I would need to see which one you have. Post pics of your set-up.

One type of bracket mounts to the stock L16 manifold (there are different types for 510s and 620) You will need the one from a 620 that has two vertical bolt holes on the firewall side of the manifold. This is the stock mounting bracket that comes with the truck.

The Weber bracket should mount to the carb base on the two driver side bolts.

bhmz61.jpg

I have a 1974 620. I took an L18 out of it and put an L20 in it from a 1977 620pickup. I few days ago I bought a weber carb 32/36 and when I tried to take the intake manifold apart, I've notice that it was bolted to the exhaust manifold as well and the only thing that separates them is a metal plate, I'm not sure about this but I think is call a Stove system, now what's the benefit of that??? The hardware for the throttle cable that came with the weber, I cant make any sense of it, I tried to bolt the bracket for the throttle cable to the intake manifold and it doesnt fit any of the bolts patterns. Now looking at pictures of the L18 that I had, It seems to me that the intake manifold from the L18 is what I need. Anyways I want to replace the intake and exhaust manifold cause I dont like the way this two are hook together, so can you guys tell me what are the choices that I have.

New Weber carb kits will come with a bracket for the cable. it fits the bolt spacing of the Weber adapter since the hole spaceing is farther apart than a stock carb bolt spacing. Otherwise youll have to slot the stock carb throttle cable holder.

also Most webers the stock datsun linkage(the part where the cable slips into) will slip on the back of the the Webercarb.

PS You need to find out if you L20 is round port or square.

Just bolt the weber up. Youll need a carbadapter otherwise only a stock carb will fit on a datsun manifold bolt spacing.

There is not need to separate the manifolds if you just want to put a weber on there!!!!!!!!!!

be honest the later L20s are a bitch to get the nuts off ,just seems little movement to get to stuff.

Exhaust manifold is a pain to get at the intake /exhaust bolts ect.....

Look closely here are some carb adapters. Maybe you got lone already just didnt mention it or I didnt understand to good.

DGVcarbadapter_thumb.jpg

lseries21_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

I pulled that motor cause the front timming cover cavitated 2yrs later.

Can you beieve the anti freeze was bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have now powercoated frontcover. All I go to do is put it together if I need it.

all it was was a front cover.

Drop another L18 in my truck

update to another thread today,

now I figured out I ran the trans out of oil. so thats another swap i got to do!

My cat is sick($$$$$$)

my back was hurt now my right ball is aching

Its cold outside and have to work overtime.

Im just not motivated to pull a motor right now.NO room in garage. I need to do a 5hr swap as I cant have my yellow car outside

I nend to plan this out for a quick swap so I was thinking put he yellow motor back in ,swap to new clutch lighten flywheel.

frontcovercavitation_thumb.JPG