Hood latch cable wanted

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an ebay seller in Thailand or somewhere that sells NOS Datsun hood latch cables. Only problem, they are for right hand drive cars so the handle mount is reversed. Otherwise the length is perfect and will connect to your latch perfectly.

Not to worry... while you are waiting for it to arrive drop in to your friendly local hardware store and get three hollow tubes about 1 to 1.25" long (I found them in the lamp parts section, about 3/8" threaded on the outside) and 3 metal screws that much longer than the three you take out of the old handle. Use the tubes as standoffs and fasten her up.

A few minutes to install and you are good to go.

Noone but you will know it is not the correct piece for your car... oops, me and you and all the Ratsun crowd. Shhh.... y'all don't tell anybody. I'm planning on winning the Concourse d'Elegance.

I am looking for someone in the san francisco area that has a fair priced used hood latch cable for a 71 wagon. if you have the cable and handle that is great also

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-510_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem110342353517QQitemZ110342353517QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

• 1 month later...
I am looking for someone in the san francisco area that has a fair priced used hood latch cable for a 71 wagon. if you have the cable and handle that is great also

Thanks

ever find a cable. im hella close to sf and need one as well.

how did you attach the cable to the handle?

the last one i fixed, i used a crimp lug (electrical) to still use the stock handle.

I actually made a handle from some old V-brakes that I had laying around. Gotta stick to my bike riding roots you know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.