My l20b build

jnec510

well i traded my ka for my l20b back. decided since i have a running l16 in the car now i would like to rebuild the l20. so i opened her up i was pleased to find everything was in great shape withe the exception of 1 ring. but now that i got her all open i want to modify her a bit. so i was lookin for on advice on the best mods to do to my l20 (i.e. ka piston what cam an such.) i also have a dual su set up for her. thanks in advance

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a new cam cut for around 40bucks. ??????

this may be true but still should get NEW Rockerarms ,lash pads of unknown size and retainers and prople some motorsport springs.

PS Delta Cam shaft out of Tacoma,Wa ?Forget them they are not per spec as they say. Measure 1st before paying or I say Buy new

Schneider

Webcamshafts

Isky

and some others

ck websites

i will be going through oregon cam. an all the head work will be done by aluminum head rebuilders. my buddie an his dad own the head shop. i was gonna look into springs new guides an possibly valves. but i need to figure out my bottum end so i can match the top. what would you reconmend for buildin the bottom end

so my head work will only cost me parts so i can upgrade easily. im lookin at the 2.1ltr long rod. i thnk im gonna go with that. has anyone that built the 2.1l got advice or all te secs on it all. i will post pics of the block an all as i go. gettin real excited on it all.

• 2 weeks later...

i was wonderin for the 2.1 long rod what piston rod bearings do i use?

what wrist pins do i use?

i am gettin z22e pistons on rings for 130.00. got l20b main bearing for 54.00.

was gonna order rod bearings but wasnt sure which ones to get. an i am gonna pull the a87 head off my l16.(im replacing t with my u67 head an l20 cam.) build it up new cam seats guides springsseals an such. what spring an cam duration would be best for this motor?