620 Front passenger brake doesn't brake

ka62078

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys does anyone have any idea why just the front passenger brake doesnt work i tried bleeding the whole brake system and change the brake cylinder and still no luck and when I hit the brake it pulls to the left...

Sounds like the brake hose may need replacement. When they get old they constrict and cut off flow. Change them all or at least in pairs.

Loosen the bleeder on the caliper. Have someone pump down on brakes. If surge of fluid comes out the caliper is seized and should be replaced. The same caliper was used through '83.5 in the 720 trucks and was used on the '79 and likely the earlier 200sx.

"Bad" hoses possible but not very common. Seized calipers are common, usually just the sliding surfaces. If it pulls to the left, it is probably the right side that is not working.

Take the wheel off and see if you can compress the caliper using a good-sized flat screwdriver. If it is stuck, a good cleaning and light lub of the sliding surfaces may fix it.

In the worst case, the piston is corroded and stuck. In which case when you take the caliper off you still cannot compress the piston. Compare to the good side to make sure.

the big question is, disk or drum? he said cylinder not caliper, which is why i asked. if its drum then check the adjustment. i know mine wasn't adjusted right, still isn't totally, and one of the wheels didn't brake at all. if its caliper, check the lines or you could have gotten a crap caliper. i ahve had it happen to me a couple times. especially import cals.