Been posting for a while, thought I'd post some "as bought" and "as it is now" photos

BarryA

of the 79 KC.....

As bought, aside from washing, replacing the broken Celica driver's seat (backrest wouldn't stay up) and adding Vitaloni Baby Bravo mirrors - dash had been badly hacked up by a Best Buy stereo installer, door seals were trashed, no boot on the shifter so lots of noise and heat came in, no console, etc, etc.

DSCF3689.jpgDSCF3686.jpgDSCF3643.jpg

As it is today - Mazda 626 seats and carpeting (partially) installed, dash rebuilt, new door seals and shift boots, stereo moved to factory console (not wired yet), Momo wheel, Isuzu Trooper 3rd brake light, new higher ground clearance 2" exhaust replacing the old patched up system & stainless coffee can muffler, Belltech HB drop spindles & brakes, 6x15 & & 7x15 (rears widened @ Stockton Wheel) Dodge D50 4wd steelies, 2wd hubcaps & Yokohama radials, Euro lenses and light housings (rears repainted silver) early factory front sway bar, 4" blocks.

Since these photos were taken, 720 stalk-mount light and wiper switches have replaced the originals and Mazda 626 "windlace" has replaced the factory plain vinyl pinch weld cover around the door openings, adding a second layer of door sealing.

Still got a lot of work to do, but it's coming along......

DSCF3783.jpgDSCF3782.jpgDSCF3788.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good, how much did stockton wheel charge you to make the rears wider? Im only asking because I might just drive down there when I get a free moment and drop off some of my wheels, there only 10mins from me

had to widen the existing outer rims (Mitusbishi centers are off sized, and standard outers didn't fit properly) - worked out ok for me, since the fronts and rears came out looking very much the same, which might not have been the case with stock fronts and US outers on the rears.

well this was my 77 kingcab when i bought it on halloween 07

1031071349.jpg

the datto and the 77 luv i used to have

1031071423.jpg

and this is it now, a year and some later. havnt done alot to it. i lowered it, put a stereo in it, put some wheels and tires on it, and re-did the exhaust. oh i painted the front end also.

1202081351.jpg

When you used the drop spindles, did you use your stock hubs? And by the way, great lookin KC

Larry

front brakes done - fresh calipers, pads & rotors and wheel bearings that looked new. Bought new brake hoses and grease seals, cleaned and repacked the bearings, replaced all four ball joints (the KC's were old and loose) and bolted everything up.