Radiator with electric fans for my 521

green9333

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well every cold start the fan isn't needed till it gets well warmed up and if you are going 20-30 + MPH the vehicle speed pushes air through the radiator. On the highway mine never comes on mile after mile. Stoplights or idling long enough it come on for ten seconds then off for thirty. Very long steep hills it will come on. Mechanical fans, even clutch fans, that are speed limited make noise and they are on all the time.

My temp gauge has always read just above 1/2. there was no change when the electric fans were installed. The sensor is in line on the lower radiator hose and is from a late '90s Sentra 200sx with the FWD SR20 engine and switches a fused relay connected to the battery so it can come on even after shutting the engine off. It comes on when the gauge reads about 2/3. Fans are from a Subaru.  

the Koyo is really made in Malaysia or Indonesia. it not made in japan. but has the Japan price. also it still needs to have spacers I believe.

the Champion is Chinese but have good luck with mine also. I had to put spacer on there also as it bump right up to the core support. I also ran the wires over it also. Youll figure it out when you put it in.

Chaimpion only not the other chinese clones as I had bad luck with a OPL brand leaked from the beginning.

I got a Champpion in my 91 Toyota pick up and actually its better made than for the Datsuns

get the 3 core.

I prefer the old USA Modine rads but they went out of bussiness years ago.

Griffon and others might be able to make one if you sent your old one in and they clone it ,Im sure its 500$ or more

https://wizardcooling.com/i-30501244-1970-1973-datsun-240z-aluminum-radiator-110-200.html?q=

Edited by banzai510(hainz)