New Rear Bumper Build

Got the itch to finally tackle this project, new bumper inspired by a Warrior Products bumper I saw on a Tacoma on Bring a Trailer. I decided to build a separate hitch while I was at it and I'm happy with how it all turned out. I've got a license plate mount with integrated LED in the mail as well (that's what the small hole is, wire chase.)

qe90V8m.jpeg

eqQTtFm.jpeg

nCYBQbv.jpeg

YckJs3h.jpeg

vsuzgZy.jpeg

xL1yHZx.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice I like.

My 710 had those 5 MPH park bench bumpers. I wanted something lighter and better looking. Found ft. and rear '62 Chevy II bumpers. Sectioned each side of the license plate to narrow.

Z9fLqTb.jpg

b4SGtJf.jpg

Lfzv90E.jpg

The rear needed cuts that when closed and welded added a matching curve to match the tailgate.

i49PWds.jpg

• Like 1

I.d add a gusset, at least a small one, on top of the receiver tube on the outside.

On mine, which is very similar, I cut a 2" square hole in both sides of the bumper, and stuck the tube all the way thru and welded it all the way around, on both sides.  Then, the back.side of my bumper looks just like yours, as far as the way the the tube is braced.

IOW, my receiver tube is about 4" higher than yours.

You do good work.

The biggest thing that I.ve had hooked to mine was a 5,500# Suburban w.a blown motor....the little truck that could/can.

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1