Stock ac install.

1 hour ago, iceman510 said:

OP, I have a compressor here from an '81 truck if interested.  MIght have a few other parts for the system too, but I would need to look.

Thanks for the offer but I think I would rather run a brand new compressor and have to adapt the lines that way I know I won't have to worry

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do have all the part numbers.I have the invoice for the bill.The prices too.It was over 1200 bucks just for the parts.You can not order it as a kit.You have to make a box and brackets.This guy jack restores vehicles,some of them he sells.I went there one day,he had 7 new engines that he was installing.He put a Jasper engine in mine back in 2009.It now has about 103,000 miles on it.Jasper no longer sells  Nissan 2.4 engines,my engine was 1900.00 plus labor and other parts.They only sell to certified Jasper engine and transmission installers,cause of the 3 year or 100,O00 mile warranty.He also put a new clutch in with no labor charge.He put a Jasper Transmission in my wife's 2004 lincoln LS 3.0.He also put a new air compressor in hers.If you want me to take a picture of the invoice of my bill,I will post it.It also has the work he did,when he did the front brakes and total labor.The price maybe more than what your truck is worth.Jack also has a 720.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
22 hours ago, ElliotV said:

You are right it's the same part number as the d21 compressor on rock auto. Is the only difference the fittings? Worst case scenario you end up needing adapters or a couple new lines right?

I bought some used d21 AC hoses and had someone braze the ends onto my 720 hoses 

Just now, Madkaw said:

I bought some used d21 AC hoses and had someone braze the ends onto my 720 hoses 

There is a hose guy near me who I have make my hydraulic and brake lines might see if he can do ac 

I had my a.c.hose at the air compressor burst when I stopped at McDonalds drive thru,the green dye got on my exhaust manifold and started a fire.At first I thought it was a blown head gasket.I did find a used hose from 720 World.That has been a while.

Just now, Thomas Perkins said:

I had my a.c.hose at the air compressor burst when I stopped at McDonalds drive thru,the green dye got on my exhaust manifold and started a fire.At first I thought it was a blown head gasket.I did find a used hose from 720 World.That has been a while.

720 world no longer exist sadly because I see a bunch of forums talk about the abundance of info that was on there. That's part of the reason I want new stuff too is I would much rather avoid a leak.

• Like 1

Before,I got my new system,I had converters put on so I could use R-134,but could not find a new air compressor.The ones Rock Auto sells you have to have new hoses and connectors.I fought tooth and nail trying to get my system to work.I still have the oem fan motor.I will never use.Free if anyone wants it.I also have a new Nissan blower resister,Just pay shipping.it is the white one,3 speed.Nissan ordered the wrong one long ago,mine takes the black one.It is also free.

10 minutes ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Before,I got my new system,I had converters put on so I could use R-134,but could not find a new air compressor.The ones Rock Auto sells you have to have new hoses and connectors.I fought tooth and nail trying to get my system to work.I still have the oem fan motor.I will never use.Free if anyone wants it.I also have a new Nissan blower resister,Just pay shipping.it is the white one,3 speed.Nissan ordered the wrong one long ago,mine takes the black one.It is also free.

Might take you up on that depending on what I have in mine. First on the list though is going to be 240sx 80a alternator since I will need a new alternator for the ac anyway. Then when I install the condenser am also going to have everything ready to go for a electric fan swap so I can do that which means I need fans and a 240sx water pump as well as a d21 water pump pulley to get rid of the integrated fan clutch. Then finish the ac install. Might do a few other things here and there like after the alternator I plan to install a low voltage disconnect so I can charge a deep cycle battery under my toolbox to use for camping and running my air compressor.

• Like 1