1974 620, thinking of buying it.

Bandit240

Got an email in response to my wanted ad on CL. Would figure i get a reply when im broke.

The guy has a 74 620, its in decent shape. Has an L18 and auto trans. Engine has a major oil leak out the rear main seal. Not too big on the auto, but hell who cares, dont plan on driving it anyway. The cab is in better shape than the one on my 78, so i may swap cabs. He wants $300 for it. Its lowered and only has one leaf on the rear.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

If i buy it, i may be selling parts off it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its starting to look like if i ever get the damn money to buy the truck, i might be able to make it back.

Oh yea, forget to mention, it has a weber on it. Dont know what kind, but its a weber. Now that might be going on my truck. Also has all the underhood bits for AC, but doesnt have the under dash part, ive already got that part.

If i had $1000, i would only have $700 right now since i would have already bought the truck. Well i wouldn't have the $700 either, that would have gone to new tires for the F250, or maybe a new anchor for the boat.

Well i got it home. Wow, what a piece of junk! The guy must have kept a bunch of stuff off it, because there were a bunch of parts sitting in the bed that arnt there now.

It does have a bunch of good parts though. It has an L18 in it, auto trans and a weber carb. Not sure yet if im going to use the weber on my truck or not. Im going to start tearing it apart tomorrow, and i will be selling what i dont need off it.

IMG_0622.jpg

It drug its ass on the way home. Dont know why someone would take all the leafs off the springs.

IMG_0623.jpg

Its a mess inside, but not too bad.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

Here is the engine and weber. Will the valve cover from the L18 fit a L20b? It says Datsun OHC, not Nissan OHC.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

What kind of weber is this?

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

If you go to napa and buy some reducer it will take that spray paint off, buy some of those thick assed butyl rubber gloves though... 2 headed babies are only cool in the movies.

It doesnt look too bad really, excellent parts truck by any means, is that the original seat?

Wanna get rid of the floor mat? If it doesnt have any bad holes Id be happy to have it. Let me know.

That looks like a 32/36 weber, if your other carb is bad, run the weber, also that datsun valve cover will bolt right onto your l20, dont bother trying to polish it, either paint it or do the chrome look powdercoat.

Ill paint the valve cover and sand the paint off the letters just like i did my other one. I cleaned up the inside and the floor is great. Found 3 little holes, but nothing too bad. The floor mat is hard and brittle, i also may use it. Ive got the blue one that came out of my truck, its soft and in 3 parts. As for the seat, its the stock seat, but it may have been recovered. I will be useing it.

Floors

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

Not a big fan of the lowering. Its shitty.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Love that my 2 year old is taller than the hood. My wife is only 5'2''.

IMG_0652.jpg

Yep, the valve cover will bolt right on. How is the windshield? If it's good keep it for a spare. They seem to be getting tuff to find in good shape.

Does the throttle cable have the adjustment at the carb end? I need one if you have an extra. That and a cable mount. I screwed mine up trying to mod it to work with my Holley. Don't forget I want the ign switch and door lock cylinders if your not going to use them.

Good find.

I havent gone very far into checking the cables on the carb or anything. Ill see how it looks tomorrow. I may end up selling the weber since the carb on my truck works fine.

The windscreen is starting to deglaze around the edges. Its done for i think. It is nice and clear with no cracks though.

Yea, once i start tearing it down the locks are yours. Its even got the factory key still. You can still read the keycode on it. How much are they worth to ya?

Well i attacked the truck today. I got the inside all gutted and more of the stuff that mounts on the cab/fenders under the hood off. Found a bit more rust, but nothing too bad. The right inner fender under the battery tray is rusted out, but that part is good on my cab, so im going to switch them out.

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Heres the underhood shots.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

My pile of parts that keeps growing.

IMG_0679.jpg

Im thinking on if im going to use the carb or not. Kinda leaning towards not right now since my truck does run pretty good. OTH the anti-dieseling valve on my carb is gone and blocked off, so ive always got to shut down in gear.

Ill have it figured out in the next day or 2 as a pull more stuff apart.