Datsun 620 CA18DE Wiring

Hey Guys,

im Swapping my 620 J15 with A CA18DE (JDM S13 Sivlia Q´s) and need your Help with understand the Wiring to the ECU.

I Got every Wiring Diagram i need. ECU Pinouts are matching the DET version to 99%.

Basic Questions:

- Do i Have to Splice the Wires to the ECU in the existing wiring (From Relays , Chassis and Fuses i will be Putting in Front of ECU), or can/should i cut the ECU Cables and connect the needed Wires ?

As far is i think i know, are these all "Input" signals, such as, ECCS Power , Ingition Power and Fuel Pump.

- i got 2 White Connector-Plugs within the Engine Harness (with 1x 18 pins 1x12 Pins). Can´t i just connect the needed cables there? the ECU has no other Connection to the Rest of the old Car, so the Wires that im Splicing/Connecting, should also connect to there? 

Im a bit confused as you see, maybe some of you could help me get my thoughts about this straight.

Thanks !

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wires you need to tap into are the wires that went to the S chassis engine bay plug.  Don't cut anything at the ECU.  The diagram mike link to is one I made years ago.  Your motor wiring is the same as the turbo version.  I had the NA CA18 in a 510 20 years ago.  What a great engine.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Have a read through this, on wiring...

Jeff (Icehouse) also builds the handy Can/Am box .

Thanks Mike, i saw this thread before but it does Not Cover my Question or im Just to dumb to get it. Does he still build These ? 

Edited by DarkBlack

Okay Guys,  time for a German saying " even a blind Chicken finds corn sometimes " .i Just was stuck at the wrong connectors / plugs on the Harness 😂

Found them, now it makes all Sense😅

For reference, the Plug that connects to the Power ist a Gray, rounded one at the end of the Engine Harness

• Like 1