Dellorto vs Spanish Weber Dcoe (dual set on L20b) Opinions Sought

Seeking an experienced opinion of which is superior: Dellorto DLHA 40 vs Webber Dcoe 40 (Made in Spain).

Price is similar including manifold and linkages but I need to set up my own Choke on either. 

I hadnt really heard of Dellorto previously Im interested if anyone has an opionion of either.

I know alot of people will talk me out of dual side draft but im committed to the build that way and Im also oversizing my exhaust to 2 or 2.5 and adding a 5speed as well as getting as much performance upgrade on the rebuild of the L20b as I can talk my mechanic into providing.....

As a side note edit; a few weeks ago on a whim  I picked up a set of SU Solex 1.5" bore complete with heat shield and manifold and jetted for an L20B but I'm told these are a waste of time and money (I got them for 200$ and I was told it was a waste of money) so Im likley not gonna bother using them unless someone has a different review in favour perhaps.....

Thanks guys

Edited by Grimlid
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still interested to hear what people think but I bought the Weber set based on the idea that the only carb set up guys I know are familiar with weber (they have already serviced my weber) but unknown if they have knowlege or parts for dellorto which are likely more obscure....

Though Ive already heard from a friend that Dellorto are a superior carb....

47 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Sell the SUs, someone will want them: they have advantages and disadvantages. They are better than a down draft but not as good as dual side drafts. 

Thanks Mike.

Sounds like good advice. Im in for the weber dcoe now . no turning back ....