1980 720 King Cab side window latches/handles

Hello all,

Recently picked up a 1980 King Cab and have been working through cleaning it up so I can actually use it.

One of the biggest issues is that the right rear side window latch was broken. Even worse, when I tried to remove the pins so I could try and glue it back up properly, it shattered. So it's no longer an option to repair.

I tried to use the handles from a D21 but they don't line up at all. Trying to jury rig some parts from both latches also didn't really work.

I haven't found any suitable replacement so far... Does anyone know about a reasonable replacement for this purpose?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/22/2024 at 12:00 PM, NC85ST said:

Parts truck. I’m not positive, but most likely any 80-85 should work. Try posting in the classifieds section.

From what I see, I agree. Classifieds is a good point. I've been trying to find a junkyard with a 720 in it but I live in an area where people charge ridiculous amounts for anything that still resembles a car.

15 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

There are 2 latches on Ebay for 19.99 ,free shipping.I will look more for the handles.1980-1986 Nissan Datsun 720 Truck King Cab Window Latch Bracket Hinge Hardware

B&B 

Thank you for looking! I had found those. Handles tend to come attached to the glass on eBay.

Will check FB Marketplace, see if anything is local.

• Like 1