Leaks on passenger side of engine

ElliotV

3 minutes ago, 620slodat said:

Most likely the thread sealant should NOT have been there. The block provides the ground. 

Don 

Ok I will pull the sensor back out and remove the thread sealer if that doesn't work I may run a ground from the "bolt" of the sensor to the chassis or something

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Another2 reasons you don't use sealer, Nissan didn't and it's a taper thread so it makes a tighter seal as you screw it in. Like a valve and valve seat.

Okay I pulled the sender and cleaned off the threads and stuck it back in and I still didn't get anything I took the old one which did still read and tested for continuity between the casing and the threads to see if the casing was something I could test to and it did so I tested for continuity between the casing and the negative battery terminal which I did get continuity but the oil light still won't turn off and the gauge doesn't work is there a ohm reading I can read to see if I'm actually getting a signal out of the sender to check if the sender is bad 

Edit I tested the ohms running vs not and the sender is good so I believe the connector is bad

Edited by ElliotV