Bobbing Shorten bed on 84KC

Has anyone shortened the bed on a 720? I am thinking the end of the bed lines up with the back of the rear tires (or just a couple of inches past) rear tires cannot extend past rear bumper for street legal reasons. I am still torn on extending the shackles but leaning against. There is a dent at the end, on the side, of the pass side quarter panel, so nothing lost to cut it off instead of fixing it. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be frame left for the leaf springs to mount to, and it will look odd if the frame ends stick out from under the box. I've seen '80s Toyotas bobbed for rock crawling and I've seen them shortened so they look like Suzuki Samurai. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

There has to be frame left for the leaf springs to mount to, and it will look odd if the frame ends stick out from under the box. I've seen '80s Toyotas bobbed for rock crawling and I've seen them shortened so they look like Suzuki Samurai. 

Yes, I was thinking of the 80's Toyotas, maybe a little less extreme, but that idea. Did the concept ever catch on with the Datsun/Nissan crowd?