TL20f or L20b

I have, I guess a very early 1980 720 long box pickup with an L20B that looks like it was OG. I was looking at the sticker under the hood and under engine family it says 'TF20F. The block is stamped L20B,but the head only says NISSAN JAPAN near the dipstick and nothing forward where they are normally marked. Any ideas? Ive never heard of a TL20F,but heard that the L20B was used early on in the 720 pu.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine family is most likely an emissions classification only, for the federal gov't.  It is for testing and evaluation purposes, not what the engine was known as generically by Nissan and the market.

Only sticker under the hood is the emissions sticker. L20B by the dip stick means L20B engine. The 1980 720 and the Canadian A10 were the last vehicles and year the L20B was used in North America. It normally would have had a W58 head on it. Should say W58 just below and slightly to the rear of the #1 spark plug...

yp5uytu.jpg