1986 720 Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the under dash of the base model truck handy? Currently troubleshooting my blower motor/motor relay and I'm not getting 12v. Would love to know what it runs back to before I go prying at stuff.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the #10 fuse (20 amp) over from the left. It's hot at all times the ignition is in on or accessory. The fan speed is controlled by selecting one of several choices of resistance to ground.

1 hour ago, NC85ST said:

Have you checked the fuse? Also, no prying necessary to get the blower motor out, three screws and it’s out.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

It's the #10 fuse (20 amp) over from the left. It's hot at all times the ignition is in on or accessory. The fan speed is controlled by selecting one of several choices of resistance to ground.

Yeah I've checked the fuse and it's still doing fuse things. I wonder if my connection to ground is bad. I'll keep you all updated.

My understanding on how this worked was fuseblock>resistor>blower. Thus why I was looking for the wiring diagram.  

If that is how it functions, how does the motor control change what resistance is selected?

I've got power on one wire on the 5 pin resistor connector that's blue/brn. It put out power on every speed except the lowest. Is something wrong with the selector?

19 hours ago, ViciousV15 said:

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the under dash of the base model truck handy? Currently troubleshooting my blower motor/motor relay and I'm not getting 12v. Would love to know what it runs back to before I go prying at stuff.

Won't be ground if you're not getting 12v.

When the ignition is turned on you should hear the heater relay click. The headlamp relay is above the fuse box on the far right or closest the fire wall. The heater relay is next to it on the left side.

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Won't be ground if you're not getting 12v.

When the ignition is turned on you should hear the heater relay click. The headlamp relay is above the fuse box on the far right or closest the fire wall. The heater relay is next to it on the left side.

Yeah no clicking. I think I'm gonna have to come at this with new parts/new used parts. I think it's kind of a long shot considering the state of this truck.

Pull the heater relay and check for 12v on the Red wire. If the #10 fuse is ok it should be there. If there is 12v on the Red wire then the relay must be bad.

The relay is an 1M  # 25230-C9925 and BLUE color code. Used between '80 and '88 in the 720, 280zx, '81-'84Maxima, 310, Sentra, Pulsar NX, Stanza, Stanza Wagon. If you find one in  a wrecking yard.