120y van starts really bad, like is getting too much fuel and blue smoke

Telepizza

Helly guys, i have a 120y and first start is like is getting too much fuel and need to rev it to keep it running until heats a bit and stays running. And i get blue smoke. Is my engine dead? I notice a white box near the suspention that plugs the front lights getting some sparks aswell . Need help if i need to change my motor 🥲

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a new vehicle to you? Or you've had it a long time and this just started happening?

Hard running when cold starting could be the choke is not working. Next time it's cold, take the air filter housing off and look. Watch while someone steps on the gas. You should see the part open choke flap snap closed. 

Blue smoke puff when starting cold or hot restarting could be the valve seals. Seals are a couple of dollars each and half a morning to change.

Blue smoke most of the time and specially when slowing down is worn rings. Only a rebuild will solve this.

Brought it from a colleague, i have 2 more engines, another is fresh rebuilt but after i did a 150 kms drive started doing this. This have still power and after is warm gets way better, just the cold start is a pain in the arse, looks like im killing it and i dont like that. That white box i refer myself does some spark because the front lights dont light up until i touch the wire in one of the pins. 

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Is this a new vehicle to you? Or you've had it a long time and this just started happening?

Hard running when cold starting could be the choke is not working. Next time it's cold, take the air filter housing off and look. Watch while someone steps on the gas. You should see the part open choke flap snap closed. 

Blue smoke puff when starting cold or hot restarting could be the valve seals. Seals are a couple of dollars each and half a morning to change.

Blue smoke most of the time and specially when slowing down is worn rings. Only a rebuild will solve this.

Asked and answered.

• Thanks 1