720 Door Lengths

ToastyBass

Hello Ratsun, I have a rather unique question.

Regarding the 720, I'd like to know the length of the doors. More specifically, the length of the window opening/trim.

I ask because I found reproduction rubber for that application and it looks identical to what was used on my '75 B210 (coupe, so I got the LONG doors)

Here's the listing in AU:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/133453332547?fbclid=IwAR0UkA3D9SDAH0yT6p7NRNsOZNdemKyYiBhDloI29RVKK3V2ZZnyHLaRkfg

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought some just like those from Ebay.They were from  Thailand.They were a little long.I cut them with my dremel tool.Other than that,they fit good and still doing good.I just checked my Ebay purchases,and I bought it back in July 21 2021 and paid 75.51 after taxes with free shipping for them.His name on Ebay is Gooddeals512,he is selling them now for 79.95 plus taxes with free shipping.Get them.I may have pictures of mine installing them,on my page here and/or on my computers picture catalog.I still have my old ones and the old clips.let me look.Tne Nissan part numbers are 80820-55W00 and 80834-55W00.He also has this posted on his page.Here is the listing.For Nissan Datsun 720 2D 1980-1986 Outer Inner Weather Strip Door Belt Long LH + RH.My windows were rattling before I got these and water was going thru them.When you take off your door panels you may see some water damage,to your inside panels.You may need some more clips.I also bought new clips to hold door panels on.The orange ones on Ebay are the same as Nissan,a lot cheaper.Let me see if I can give you the Ebay info.Type in Nissan 720 door panel clips and they are 8.40 for 25.What I did was bought 2 packs of 15 cause I think it takes 13 per door.Be careful when removing the door trim, their is a thin piece of plastic in there.Usually all the sellers on Ebay are getting these from Thailand,the same company.Never buy the washer tank with pump from Thialand,the pump goes out quick.Happen to me.I have no pictures from back then.Here is the sellers  Ebay listing.https://www.ebay.com/itm/133751626037 Here are the door panel clips.https://www.ebay.com/itm/152165053573?fits=Model%3A720|Make%3ANissan&hash=item236dbe7485:g:lNEAAOSwOkxggy4Q&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8CLJG3AQnAa5W9FcgXmQiLJbL0ayXzKZt%2BvxhxHMnEOI5FopZZM8ZPU534SXBDeqpDSGS4KjDnADQFm44SbizIx5w4Dke5KIKXG3pxLq%2FApvkbmyIszD%2B2Sqdi3QKwirJ%2FyAwgpn4GCQgFFvvPJd11W1seDRTMLM9LDPLvdwBxmo6QLYCFymga%2F%2FqtsCG2lp%2BSuCLzfxxJU%2FI96rJRaCRqsXMToIdkUHuc8xBWW4EehKEN3qhiAuOI0Jdwt4bcqwoyZqI2aCRPM7fSZRXKA6tItb5Ioq%2BDnMohVRho0Iq3NV48ou1P6r5VY2vK7mkUairw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_aHmZPmYg I did take the black rubber washers off the orange clips.I think they would not fit with them on,too long.Stock one's has no black washers.They are white.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The ones you get from Ebay that are made in Thailand are too long.You will have to cut the length down.I put them on mine.The old clips will not work with the new pieces.I still have my old clips in a bag.Also still have the old pieces.Cant burn them in my burn barrel.The inside of the door panels at the bottom probably will have water damage and need repairing in order to get the clips to hold it on.That's what I had to do.The panels are cheap like the kick panels,same material.After you take the panels off,they will be coming apart.Mine did.When using your panel puller to get the clips off the panel may damage the panel to where the clips won't go in.Be extra careful when removing panel.

Edited by Thomas Perkins