85 720 fuel pump not getting power

Treycookies

85 720 4x4 2.4 manual

I was given this truck as a non runner, fixed some ignition issues and finally got it running thanks to this forum. It ran for about half an hour before shutting off. Then it would only run with your foot on the gas and not idle. I replaced the inline fuel filter and cleaned the one in the bottom of the pump and then realized the fuel line going into the filter was clogged so I shot some air into it and got it unclogged- but now my fuel pump doesn’t run at all. I checked the fuse(s) and they’re fine. I then got on here and read a bunch about the relay and pulled that off. I ran a jumper from blue wire to white and black and still got nothing at the pump. Most fixes I’ve seen on here have to do with resoldering or replacing that relay, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem. I then tested from fuse 6 to blue wire on that connector and got 12 volts. I read somewhere to check from fuse 5 to the white/red wire and I got nothing there. But I don’t even know what I’m checking for there really. Y’all have any ideas? Is there something else that can get burnt up or damaged when the fuel lines get clogged?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try rapping the pump module sharply while holding key switch over to just before hitting the cranking spot. That's how I check mine. They're bad to get cold solder joints. Mike's got a picture he can post. I'm fortunate to have a CB shop here. I just take it to him and he resolders the board.

This is what I did.It would not start.Had fairly new fuel pump and filter and new fuel lines.I took hose off Weber,put hose in Mason jar and turned key over and no gas was in jar.I took fuel pump relay off, opened it up and the copper inside was burned up.I posted it on here.I went to Auto Zone,spent about 55 bucks and ordered one and it fixed it.If not it,they will refund your money.If it is your fuel pump.Guess what.Time for a aftermarket one.Nissan has no more.

16914474874692057180433620027374.jpg.95456ee4df11e97b238f93845ed4aea4.jpg

1691447459391141351953151086024.jpg.e0abdc2f1c9354ef8ba8a37f798d5c32.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins