Mechanic to work on 1980 datsun 210 hatchback. Who do I take it to?

I went out to use my 210 hatchback today (Oct 5, 2023-staying with sister while she recovers from knee surgery.  I  moved it over to the driveway and turned it off.  I ran into the house to get extra items.  When I came back it would not start.  It turns over but will not engage.  I called the AAA and they came out and said that it was not the battery not the alternator as far as they could tell.  Then the man next door looked it over and said: 1) there was moisture in the distributer cap, 2) the rotor will not pull out, 3)can smell gas getting to the  carburater 4) the turning of the key causes the car to backfire.  So I need a local Honest mechanic to work on the problem.  Who do I call?  The car is sitting at my sister's house (driveway) in Canby, Oregon and I live in Oak Grove, Oregon.  The car may need to be towed to a mechanic.  Who is a reliable tow truck person in either places?    I need a reliable person who can still work on carburaters.   HELP!!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic