Wheel Spacers and OEM Wheel Width

IZRL

The front wheels on my 84 720 4x4 look to be about 1 1/2 inches deeper inside the wheel wells then the rear wheels. So far all the pics of front/rear wheels I've seen online of similar truck years look to be either perfectly aligned with each other or very close. Maybe pictures make it hard to see, but to me the difference in my truck's stance sticks out like a sore thumb. It doesn't look good to me. Are others using wheel spacers to widen the front stance a bit, and if so, what size spacers?

Also I've been researching to see what width wheels I currently have but I can't find a straight answer. I currently am running the OEM wheels. I would rather not have to pay to dismount a tire and then pay to get it remounted to see what size wheel it is. Its a 15" wheel. Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stand directly in front of the truck it looks more pronounced. But I took the pic at a slight angle so that the rear wheel is also visible. All four wheels are OEM and identical.

v7c82xP.jpg

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

It's easy enough to measure backspacing. Remove a front and a rear wheel, set a straight edge across the inner lip of the wheel, and measure down from that to the mounting surface. That's your wheel backspacing. Not to be confused with wheel offset.

All 4 wheels look identical which is why I didn't measure the backspacing. Good call, I will double check and report back, thanks. Do you happen to know what the width is for the wheels that come stock on these trucks? I read a post somewhere a while back that said they were either 15X5.5 or 15X6?