paint coverage deja vu

Ran across some paint I didn't need and I didn't buy it, but a question stuck in mind. Paint coverage was listed in sq. ft. how many sq. ft is a king cab 720? I put deja vu in the title, because I think I have asked this question, but search function didn't bring it up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, frankendat said:

Ran across some paint I didn't need and I didn't buy it, but a question stuck in mind. Paint coverage was listed in sq. ft. how many sq. ft is a king cab 720? I put deja vu in the limo title, because I think I have asked this question, but search function didn't bring it up.

It's not typically measured in square feet because it's a vehicle, not an area or surface. Paint coverage in square feet is usually related to painting walls, surfaces, or objects.

If you are looking to paint your Nissan King Cab 720 truck and want to know how much paint you would need to cover it, the answer would depend on the size of the truck, the areas you want to paint, and the type of paint you plan to use. Typically, for vehicles, paint coverage is measured in gallons or quarts, not square feet.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Nikkil said:

It's not typically measured in square feet because it's a vehicle, not an area or surface. Paint coverage in square feet is usually related to painting walls, surfaces, or objects.

If you are looking to paint your Nissan King Cab 720 truck and want to know how much paint you would need to cover it, the answer would depend on the size of the truck, the areas you want to paint, and the type of paint you plan to use. Typically, for vehicles, paint coverage is measured in gallons or quarts, not square feet.

Thanks for weighing in, didn't make much progress, but I appreciate a willingness to assist a stranger. Sort of talked all about the question, a 720 is an object, whether it is a surface or has surface is debatable, but that sub issue is not relevant here or more accurately, discussion of the properties of objects is not an area, in which I wish to sink. Suffice, we can agree that a 720 is an object that has surfaces, the area of which could be measured and a total square feet determined. Now I could take a WAG and for this most recent wild hair, very likely it would be aces, but since there are  motivated and skilled members on this site who have completed painting a Nissan/Datsun; I threw it up against the virtual wall, to see if it stuck. 

Your wiki response holds some intrigue, perhaps you are an  (one letter left of S and O on a traditional keyboard)

Not scientific but I painted my 720 and 68 beetle with the same one gallon can of paint and had a little left over. With an hvlp gun you should be OK with 2 quarts but usually the price isn't much more for a whole gallon. Plus sometimes I fuck things up and if there is paint leftover I have plenty of machinery that can use paint. I bought a gallon for this project that floats, the trailer to match and have enough for a matching tractor afterwords.

20220612_140535.jpg

20220612_153606.jpg

• Like 1

Perfect, that is the information sought, Thank you 

I am no where near the stage of picking out paint, but found myself in a paint discussion, well a conversation between two experienced painters and I happened to be present. In what is now a daily occurrence, so "shocked" seems inappropriate, but the topic drifted into gallon of automotive paint price and I was---shocked. Of course we were discussing cool colors and although it still seems like (grumpy old man face) too much damn money. if a gallon will do, I won't have to resort to rattle cans and/or embracing the forever primer w/ black accents look.

Edited by frankendat
forgot to tag my reply
7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Not scientific but I painted my 720 and 68 beetle with the same one gallon can of paint and had a little left over. With an hvlp gun you should be OK with 2 quarts but usually the price isn't much more for a whole gallon. Plus sometimes I fuck things up and if there is paint leftover I have plenty of machinery that can use paint. I bought a gallon for this project that floats, the trailer to match and have enough for a matching tractor afterwords.

20220612_140535.jpg

20220612_153606.jpg