1986 Nissan 720 king cab what should I do?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always liked the Nissan ST optional mags. No guesswork on the fit either. They are 55 1/2" JJ X14. Probably 205/75R14 tires. You could put 205/80R14s an the back. They are similar diameter so performance and speedometer are unchanged but thy are 2" wider. The narrower fronts will make them look even wider.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I always liked the Nissan ST optional mags. No guesswork on the fit either. They are 55 1/2" JJ X14. Probably 205/75R14 tires. You could put 205/80R14s an the back. They are similar diameter so performance and speedometer are unchanged but thy are 2" wider. The narrower fronts will make them look even wider.

I will definitely look into those 

The bolt pattern being same as most Chevy trucks & a host of others (Isuzu, mazda, Passport Rodeo etc), there are LOTS of options out there, but you just need to be aware of OFFSETT more than anything else.  Example...........I have a 1972 521.  I was gonna get the Chevy truck Rally wheels (even reproduced today), but a set of 5 old school deep dish chrome reverse steel wheels fell in my lap!  They are 8in wide with a deep offset, so I can NOT use them on the front, but my truck has a custom flatbed on it, thus the 8in wide deep dish should look great on the rear (have not done yet)!

Keep in mind, if you lower your 720, it will limit your wheel/offset choices!

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, datzenmike said:

What is offset?

What is offset? Sorry still new to the world

2 hours ago, yenpit said:

The bolt pattern being same as most Chevy trucks & a host of others (Isuzu, mazda, Passport Rodeo etc), there are LOTS of options out there, but you just need to be aware of OFFSETT more than anything else.  Example...........I have a 1972 521.  I was gonna get the Chevy truck Rally wheels (even reproduced today), but a set of 5 old school deep dish chrome reverse steel wheels fell in my lap!  They are 8in wide with a deep offset, so I can NOT use them on the front, but my truck has a custom flatbed on it, thus the 8in wide deep dish should look great on the rear (have not done yet)!

Keep in mind, if you lower your 720, it will limit your wheel/offset choices!

• Like 1

Rim offset is the amount the tire and rim center line is outward (positive) or inward (negative) from the surface the rim is mounted against such as the hub or brake drum. Usually in mm. Too far positive off set and it rubs the fender or the wheel arch comes down on when going over bumps. Too much negative off set and it rubs suspension or tire rubs on turns.

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf1d7ce3363bc0d6e2db2d0452c643b.jpeg

• Thanks 1