85 Nissan 720 4x4 Fuel pump relay replacement.

Thomas Perkins

Hi Ya'll.My fuel.pump relay started clicking real bad and died on me,RIP.This way yesterday.I called Auto Zone and they ordered me one and it came in today and everything is good.Awhile back my alternator was over charging  and it caused the fuel pump relay to click.It also killed my battery.Lucky my Walmart battery was under full warranty.They gave me another one.When you alternator over charges,auto part stores tell you it is good.I went to two different auto part stores and was told same thing.But any way I took the fuel pump relay apart.One side of the copper wires is burnt up.Here are some pics.The part was 59.00 with taxes.I got it from Auto Zone.Lifetime warranty.That round thing is my magnifying glass.

1691447459391141351953151086024.jpg

16914474874692057180433620027374.jpg

16914475231747434029425977890695.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuses are all in the fuse box on the driver's side. This is one of the relays. There are also the choke heater relay, inhibit relay for California automatics, and one for non California automatics. Diesels would have a glow plug control timer here also.