STIHL lo FS 55R WEEDEATER

Check this out.I always fix my mower blower,weedeater chainsaw and pressure washer.I used some after market parts on some and they are doing good.I was cutting with my weedeater.It completely died.I put another spark plug in and no go.Also a new plug in muffler.New air filter  ,other one was good.Fresh oil mixture.I ordered a after marke carb with gaskets,

a after market ignition coil.

They came with new hoses to go in tank with fuel filter,new carb.I put new carb in and lt wouldn't start,so next day ignition coil.came in.I  took weedeater apart and the coil had so much grime ,grease  dirt build up where it causes  to get spark.I took it off cleaned it up real good and it would not start.Tried it with different ignition coils and carb and get no fire.So I put original carb and left  after market coil.on,I gapped it with A business. Card.Took to Ace hardware.He said after market parts don't work on Stihls.I took the old coil to him he said he needed to check for spark not getting any with my cheap after market one.The next day he called.He put a stihl ignition coil and spark plug in and runs like new.Stihl doesn't not sell these parts on.line.They want you to take to them.to fix.  

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic