One Wire Conversion Cleanup

Hey guys.  I’ve done a lot of digging and after discovering that my truck was already converted to a one wire GM alternator, I am sticking with it rather than swapping back to another style since I have all the provisions in place for it.  My only concern is wiring.   as it was, the alternator had wires coming off it going to the battery on both positive and negative.  (Which worked fine) but I need to know what to do with the other wires. My truck is a 77 so has an external regulator. All 4 of the old alternator wires were just cut and taped into the other harnesses in the engine bay.  Is there something cleaner or more effective that I can do with those wires?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, if tapped up I guess you could un tape them and cut them long to short and then spiral black tape them. This way there is not a noticeable clump.

For a trip to a wrecking yard you can get harness covering, hides everything and also protects where chaffing may be a problem. Amazon has it but not that cheap.

ZhiYo 10FT 1" Wire Loom Split Tubing Auto Wire Conduit Flexible Cover

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

cut them long to short and then spiral black tape  get a roll of actual harness tape to wrap them.  If you use black electrical tape, it leaves a shitload of residue on the wires which is a literal fucking nightmare to clean off, The wires will remain forever sticky, and the shit is really hard to get off your hands..

I fixed that for ya, Mike..

• Like 2