B210 Carburetor

Hi, I am new to the forum as I just picked up a 1977 B210. I'm quite excited to own a Datsun again. I had a 610 25 years ago and have always regretted selling it. I need to replace the carb on this one but am not sure which one exactly I should order. Any recommendations?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would contact Pierce Manifolds for a 32/36 Weber conversion carburetor. They still have genuine Webers and not the Chinese knock offs. Same with e Bay watch out! They were under $300 US

Best carburetor for the B-210 is the stock one. Almost always it just needs cleaning and setting. Factory carburetorswould be $400 or more but NLA, so don't buy those Chinese $80 ones. Ya gits what ya pay for. Rebuild kits are $50-$80? Looks hard but it isn't, just takes a couple of hours and patience. Take lots of pictures.

Thanks for the reply. I would be a little hesitant to rebuild it myself. My repair manual says the proper carb is a Hitachi Type DCH306. Should I be looking at finding one of these or going with the Weber from Pierce manifolds?

Finding a stock carb in usable condition is not going to be easy. Buying a new DGV is so much easier.

There isn't much to rebuilding a carb, unless it's very dirty. If the passages and orofices are plugged, they can be a real bear to clean out. I use a heated ultrasonic cleaner and it does the job just fine, but without one, you could spend hours getting all the junk out of a dirty carb. And it still may not work...

I am running a weber 32/36 on mine. It's an older OG Italian one with manual choke. I already was comfortable working on the DGV webers since my first car was converted to one. 
It runs about the same as the OG, maybe a touch more power at the higher end but its minimal and the car isn't built for speed. I love the simplicity of the weber and the car starts just as easily as ever.

You will have to figure out what to do with a bunch of vacuum lines and some emissions stuff. I cannot remember exactly what because though I only recently replaced the stock carb I deleted the air pump system on my car ages ago. You will want to route vacuum from the intake or carb (my weber doesn't have a port) to your distributor and take care of your breather from the PCV valve and valve cover. Lots of lines can be plugged. 

Make sure you keep the hard lines for the fuel system, while it looks like you can improve on some routing or anything there is a restrictor on the return line and if you bypass it you will likely have too much fuel pressure, or hardly any depending on how you route the return. 

If you haven't found it the tech wiki at the Datsun1200 page has a wealth of resources unlike any one place I have found for any of the other cars I have owned aside from maybe some sources dedicated AC VWs. Blows the doors off anything I have found to help navigate Gen1 Celica ownership...

What makes you think the carb needs a full rebuild or replacement? 

Edited by thatdirtykid

There is business a few hours away that can rebuild the carburetor for $500.

I also found one on eBay here https://www.ebay.com/itm/184907515278?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m43.l3160&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=44195316639&trkId=ad5a40d5-2c70-45a5-a20e-2cb98b3d5b0d&cnvId=700003&recoId=184907515278&recoPos=1

I am curious why having mine rebuilt or purchasing one like this would be a bad idea?

$500 to rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!! A quote like that means they don't want to do it and are telling you to go away. You can do this yourself in a couple of hours. Mostly cleaning and setting adjustments. Only thing that wears out is the accelerator pump.

This says for the Datsun 110 and is for a A12  engine.  You have an A14 or A15.

Hitachi  2 bbl. Carb. dch306-1 1972 Datson 1171cc a12 all/t 1200 / b110 - Picture 1 of 4