help on making/moving frame mounts for l20b engine brackets on my 520 swap

Tuik

hey everyone i need some help or perhaps any pictures of bracket mounts for the engine swap ? l20b replacing the j13. 

i am using the l16 4 speed transmission fits right on with the trans bracket and mount, now  i am undecided if i should cut the frame brackets and relocate them or make new once and use the original frame brackets ? any pictures would be helpful.

ps: engine and transmission is already in but need the engine mounts to keep on moving forward . thanks in advance 

• datzenmike changed the title to help on making/moving frame mounts for l20b engine brackets on my 520 swap
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear, you have the L&R bolt on engine brackets and the rubber isolators? You need to cut the frame mounts and move them to the rear?

Looks like the J13 frame mounts bolt on. They have to come off anyway. See if they can possibly be moved back into position for the L series engine. Then install engine and bolt the rubber isolator on the engine bracket to the frame mount so it's a perfect fit and angle. Lower onto the frame and check that the engine clears everything properly, oil pan not to high or low and the hood closes. Adjust the frame mount to suit and tack the frame mount in place. Remove engine again and properly weld the frame mounts in their new position.

I adjusted the title for clarity.