B12 and A15 carburator Difference??

AE80Baby

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a B12 carburetor???

You can rebuild the original carburetor. Kits are often available and there is little to wear out, mostly the accelerator pump. Most common things wrong with a carburetor is they are dirty and are out of adjustment. A simple cleaning will put them right. You need a work space, carb cleaner, paper towels, a camera, some small tools and a couple of hours. I assume Toyota issue factory service manuals? (FSMs) This would have all the settings. A used A15 carburetor is a crap shoot with other unknown problems and would likely need rebuilding anyway. A remanufactured carburetor from China just as bad.

Best is the original Toyota carburetor but if impossible to find, one from a roughly similar displacement engine will work if it will fit your manifold, throttle cable connection, emissions, air filter, fuel line etc. Carburetors just mix fuel and air they don't really care what engine they are on. 

If I knew anything about the 3a engine I could hazard a guess about this.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

What's a B12 carburetor???

You can rebuild the original carburetor. Kits are often available and there is little to wear out, mostly the accelerator pump. Most common things wrong with a carburetor is they are dirty and are out of adjustment. A simple cleaning will put them right. You need a work space, carb cleaner, paper towels, a camera, some small tools and a couple of hours. I assume Toyota issue factory service manuals? (FSMs) This would have all the settings. A used A15 carburetor is a crap shoot with other unknown problems and would likely need rebuilding anyway. A remanufactured carburetor from China just as bad.

Best is the original Toyota carburetor but if impossible to find, one from a roughly similar displacement engine will work if it will fit your manifold, throttle cable connection, emissions, air filter, fuel line etc. Carburetors just mix fuel and air they don't really care what engine they are on. 

If I knew anything about the 3a engine I could hazard a guess about this.

Thanks for the help