620 rear disc brake conversion

KANO

Hello Everyone, I have a question I’m converting my drum brakes to disk brakes. I purchased from silver mine motor they are the wilwood kit. My question is will the original rims fit or would I have to purchase aftermarket rims? Also if that’s the case would Mitsubishis Montero rims fit or would I need spacer’s?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike changed the title to 620 rear disc brake conversion

This is what they say in their website Note: Requires 15 or 16 inch wheels Minimum. Caliper sticks out 13mm or 1/2" past wheel mounting surface. see pics. You will have to machine down the hub diameter 1MM so you can slip the rotor over hubs.

Sounds like you have your answer right there.

Most times, the diameter of the brakes is not the issue, meaning the caliper probably won't hit the rim surface. What usually happens with "big brakes" is that the caliper hits the center section of the wheel around the center bore. Larger diameter wheels often have more clearance at that area. I've installed various big brake kits on vehicles and only needed a thin (1/8" or 3/16") spacer to get the caliper clearance needed. So maybe try that first. Just don't scratch up your new calipers finding out.